MP3 Player

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pink Panther titles

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a huge fan of The Pink Panther movies. The best were the ones with Peter Sellers and Blake Edwards involved of course. However, I also love the animated sequences from each movie's start, so I picked a few of my favorites and posted them here.

#1: A Shot in the Dark (1964)

A Shot in the Dark Titles (1964)
Uploaded by Cartoonzof2006. - Classic TV and last night's shows, online.
My personal favorite Pink Panther movie of all. While not the first Pink Panther or the best animated, but the musical score by Henry Mancini is charming and perfectly fits Inspector Clouseau's personality.

#2: The Return of the Pink Panther (1975)

The third Pink Panther movie. This scene was animated by Richard Williams and Ken Harris and is arguably very good considering the year it was made. Williams and Harris used 24 frames a second here vs. 12. They also animated The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976) and a few commercials.

#3: Trail of the Pink Panther (1982)

Trail Of The Pink Panther - Intro (1982)
Uploaded by Cartoonzof2006. - Watch feature films and entire TV shows.
Animated by Freleng-DePatte studios, this one was one of the more creative intros done with the series. Sadly, this was Sellers' last P.P. movie before he died of a heart attack. He was only 54. At least this movie was dedicated to him and remains one of the funniest in the series.

#4. The Pink Panther (2006)

I won't get in too deep with this one. I thought this one's intro had a quirk similar to the originals, but the movie itself sure wasn't. Steve Martin was o.k. in this movie, but nothing compared to what Sellers did with Clouseau.

2 comments:

Eric Noble said...

I liked these. The credits for "A Shot in the Dark" had a vague Monty Pythonesque feel to them. I love the credits for Return. It is a celebration of film in my opinion. The last two were okay. I love the Pacman gags. Thank you for putting these up.

Unknown said...

You're welcome, Eric.

I think the original Pink Panther and the "Return" credits were the best. I never thought of the "Shot in the Dark" credits had a Monty Python feel, but it's an interesting interpretation.