MP3 Player

Friday, November 19, 2010

Turkey Jerky


No, it's not the Tex Avery cartoon.
And now for something completely different...


I've been on an Animaniacs kick lately. I admit, it's a wonderful show with great animation and stories throughout. I could go on about this great show, but I want to keep this post short.

In a nutshell, this episode is the only Thanksgiving episode that I know of and it's a nice satire of the story of the first Turkey Day and Miles Standish, chock full of the zany, fast-paced, Marx-Bros-esque humor found in the Warner Bros cartoons. Enjoy it and happy early Thanksgiving.



Good night, everybody!

4 comments:

Tom Ruegger said...

BTW, it played on Thanksgiving Day the first few years it was aired.

Unknown said...

Hi Tom!

So it was kind of traditional to play this one at Fox or WB then? That's pretty neat. :)

Pokey said...

Nothing personal, here, but I always preferred the older, especially pre-1956 WB cartoons,m especially when it came to Bugs and Daffy,[whose role as the Looney villian still cononfounds me to this very day] than the later offerings usually.

Unknown said...

No offence taken, Pokey. ^_^