MP3 Player

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers!






In honor of The Tigger Movie being relased on DVD, I felt I could find some old Tigger model sheets at least and post 'em.

I really enjoy Tigger. To me, he has the most color out of all the Pooh characters. He's very egotistical like Chuck Jones' Daffy, but more jolly and fun-loving than the arrogant black duck. Tigger's speech is even funny, supplied by the talented Paul Winchell, who did a few other voices for Disney before he died.
I also think The Tigger Movie is the best of the "newer" Pooh movies. I also noticed that the animation style is reminiscent of the older shorts, especially since there's some pretty rough drawing lines in both films.

Here's a clip of Tigger from Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day animated by Milt Kahl.

1 comment:

Pokey said...

Of course the Tigger here is a shadow of the real one, Paul Winchell, tyhe only one! [Jim Cummings, rather controversially at the time to say the least, and I was one of those protesting in usenet forums, has been Tigger's voice as far as back as that movie.] Steve Carras